Tuesday, February 17, 2009

when it's cold outside - and it is freezing cold here on the east coast - i am more drawn to  sturdy warm dishes such as stews and soups, just everything that warms the body from the inside out. But once in a while I add a mixed green salad to my main course. I love salads, they are my all time favorites, especially during the summer months.. (you will see). So, naturally I do miss them, so there are evenings when i dress up a simple dish with a salad on the side. like this one. green lettuce ( romaine ) cucumber, radish, chives and carrots. olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. ready to eat. yummy.  this salad was served with marinated steak and a side of mushrooms with rice. it reminds me of a meal grilled outdoors on a summer evening. - food can inspire hope. in this case, the hope is for warmer weather. bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment