Wednesday, February 25, 2009

rutabaga

Rutabaga.
There was this large round 'soccer ball-sized' vegetable in the produce section of my local supermarket. i had no idea how to prepare it, but I was tired of buying my usual vegetables and since rutabaga is really not expensive, i just bought it.
Back home I searched the net and it turned out that preparing Rutabaga is really like preparing potatoes. simple. you just peel the vegetable, cut it in small pieces and boil it for about 20 minutes. done. then you can add salt, butter, smash it, add baked potatoes if wanted. add onions.. whatever you are up for. it tastes very good, a bit on the sweet side.
so my dinner was> pork tenderloin with rosemary, white onion sauteed with carrots and smashed rutabaga. my friend Meta might really enjoy this dish! bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment